About SaniType Brand Washable Keyboards and Mice
Keyboards and mice are some of the most commonly overlooked environment surfaces. You wash your hands, why not your keyboard?
Computers in hospitals and food service require hygienic washable keyboards, mice and touchpads that can be disinfected and sanitized to prevent cross-contamination. An ordinary keyboard can harbor dangerous germs and keyboard covers are difficult to use without entering errors.
SaniType style medical keyboards, mice and touch pads can be washed or immersed in hospital grade disinfectants, 10% Clorox solution or soap and warm water. Medical IT and Infection Control Professionals look for these key attributes when choosing a sanitary keyboard, which apply to all SaniType products:
- Fully Sealed Exterior - reduces gaps for organic matter, germs and liquids to enter
- Smooth Coating - easy to use with gloves, liquids roll off and wipe clean with less residue
- Chemical Resistance – allows regular use of disinfection and antibacterial agents
- Integrated touchpad (optional) - reduces the need for a separate mouse and extra surface area
- Light Material Color – helps visually identify dirt and debris accumulation
Healthcare professionals have sterilized their tools for over 150 years - but the computer keyboard and mouse are often overlooked. To improve hygiene and promote sanitary typing, WetKeys has created the SaniType category of keyboard standards for healthcare and food service that can deliver the same level of hygiene and infection control, when properly sanitized between patients, as most other medical tools.
SaniType medical keyboards are waterproof, washable, fully sealed on the exterior and offer longer life than keyboard covers to help reduce costs and improve patient safety and comply with FDA Food Safety standards. SaniType style keyboards are available at www.WetKeys.com/SaniType.